The Top Reasons People Succeed In The How To Make Money From Blogging: The Complete Guide For Beginners Industry
Blogging is one of the most rewarding careers you can take up in the digital world. It gives you a chance to showcase your insights, analysis, and thoughts on various topics. As a blogger, you get to build a loyal readership base and monetize your blog through advertisements, affiliate marketing, and so much more. If you are planning to launch your own blog or want to expand your current blog, read on to know how you can make money from blogging.
With the increasing popularity of blogs as a platform for sharing one’s voice and ideas, many new bloggers have found this field an excellent way of making money while also doing something they love. Whether you want to monetize your blog as a hobby or turn it into a full-time career, these tips will help you monetize your blog efficiently.
Blogger's Earnings and Statistics
According to the latest data, there are over 72 million blog posts created every month, with 47% of these posts being written by entrepreneurs. Considering the fact that blogging is a skill that can be applied to multiple industries, it’s no surprise that so many people are using it to earn a living. The average blogger’s annual earnings are in the range of $4,000 to $10,000, depending on various factors, such as the blogger’s niche, traffic, number of social media followers, and so on.
Considering the fact that you can monetize your blog in a number of ways, it’s clear that blogging has become a highly profitable online business. Many people start blogging as a hobby and end up making money from it. In fact, 61% of bloggers consider blogging as a side hustle. If you’re one of them, you can expect to make up to $3,000 per year on your blog. However, if you make blogging your profession, you can make up to $12,000 per month, and you can even earn more than that if you blog full-time.
How To Make Money From Blogging In 2023 ?
If you want to make money from blogging, it’s important to first understand the different monetization strategies available. While some of these methods might not be as effective as they once were, others have become even more lucrative, thanks to the latest changes in the blogging landscape.
- Sponsored Posts - Bloggers who have established relationships with brands can write sponsored posts and get paid for them. You can apply to be an influencer for a brand, and if they like your proposed ideas for sponsored posts, you can get money for them. For example, if you want to write about fitness and health, you could get paid to write sponsored posts for protein powder brands.
- Website Ads - You can also monetize your blog by hosting ads on your website. There are many ad networks that allow you to monetize your blog by embedding advertisements from third-party companies.
- Affiliate Marketing - Affiliate marketing is another highly profitable blogging method. If you have a popular blog, you can recommend products, services, and courses and get paid a percentage of their earnings. For example, if you’re a travel blogger, you could recommend booking sites like Airbnb and get a percentage of all earnings made through Airbnb bookings.
- Sell Products on Your Site - If you want to make money from blogging, you can sell products on your website. You can sell physical or digital products on your blog, provided that they comply with the necessary laws. For example, you can sell e-books, online courses, and other digital products on your blog. You can also sell physical products, but you’ll need to find a reliable vendor who ships your items to customers.
As mentioned above, sponsored posts and affiliate marketing can be hit and miss. So, if you’re looking for a more stable source of income, you can look for a blogging job. Blogging jobs come in different shapes and forms, and you can find one that suits your blogging skill set, interests, and experience. Some of the most common blogging jobs are listed below:
- Content Writing - If you have a good command over language, you can make good money as a freelance writer. Many businesses and startups hire bloggers to write content for their websites.
- Blog Editing - If you’re skilled at editing blogs and are good at spotting mistakes, this can be an excellent side hustle. You can use popular platforms like Upwork or Fiverr to find blog editing jobs. Blogging for Companies - Many companies hire bloggers to create content for their websites. If you have a knack for writing, this could be an excellent source of income for you.
Amazon Affiliate Program
Amazon has evolved from a simple online retail store to a conglomerate that has its fingers in multiple industries. With its ever increasing reach, it is no surprise that a lot of bloggers are using Amazon affiliate program to make money. If you have a popular blog where you talk about products, you can sign up for an Amazon affiliate account and start earning commissions on every sale you refer to the website.
It’s an excellent way to make money from blogging, and you can start earning with Amazon affiliate program without any investment. However, before you start using Amazon affiliate program, make sure that you read the terms and conditions carefully. This is because not all products are eligible for Amazon commissions. Products like groceries, alcohol, and other consumables are not included in the affiliate program. If you can find a product category that you blog about that makes money, you can start making a profit from home.
If you love to write, there has never been a better time to start a blog. With an increased focus on the value that content brings, blogging is an excellent way to earn a living. You can monetize your blog through various methods, including sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, and selling products on your blog.