Google My Business Can Help Boost Traffic And Profits!
Google My Business is a powerful business tool that can help you manage your business online. It includes features like a business profile, listing information, photos, ratings and reviews, and more. You can use it to manage your website, track your business growth, and more.
Whether you’ve set up a Google My Business account or not, chances are your business has been listed somewhere online as an unverified business. In the simplest terms, this means that potential customers cannot accurately verify whether your business exists. To improve your online presence and reduce the risk of coming across as fake, it’s important to set up a Google My Business profile.
It might seem like an unnecessary extra step, but once you begin to understand the benefits it will have on your business, you’ll realize that it’s worth investing time in creating a profile. Read on to find out everything you need to know about Google My Business so that your business can take full advantage of it.
What Is Google My Business ?
Google My Business, or GMB for short, is an online tool that allows you to manage your business’s online reputation. It’s designed to make it easier for you to create and manage your Google My Business profile, and to help people find your business online.
If you’ve ever searched for a product or service online, you’ll know that you’re often presented with local results. These results may include information about the business such as their location, hours of operation, and customer reviews.
The information displayed in these results is taken from the information you’ve added to your GMB profile. Your GMB profile is your online presence, so if it’s inaccurate or incomplete, people might not be able to find you online. GMB allows you to correct these errors as well as add all relevant information that potential customers are looking for. This way, you can be sure that your business will be found online and that people will know that your business is legitimate.
How To Set Up A Google My Business Account
The best way to start setting up a Google My Business account is to visit google.com/business and click Sign in. From there, click Get started, and you’ll be taken to the sign-up page. You’ll be asked to provide information about your business, including your address, service area, and website.
Once you’ve filled in all of the required fields, click Next, and you’ll be taken to a verification page. If this is your first time setting up a Google My Business account, you’ll need to be verified in order to create an account.
There are two ways you can do this; you can either call the number provided on the verification page, or you can submit the verification form online. If you choose to submit the verification form, you’ll be asked to upload a government-issued identification. After doing so, it may take a few days for your account to be verified.
Why Is Verification So Important ?
As mentioned earlier, verifying your business means that you’re providing accurate information that can be verified by a third party. If you’re setting up a new Google My Business account, you’ll need to be verified before you can begin adding information to your profile.
This is because Google has strict requirements for what information can be added to a GMB profile. For your business to be listed as verified, you’ll need to provide specific information, such as your company name, address, and telephone number. Once you’ve verified your account, you can begin adding information to your profile.
A Step-By-Step Guide For Setting Up Your Google My Business Account
- Choose your category- It’s important to select the right category so that your business is listed in the right place. Some categories may be more relevant to your business than others.
- Set your business hours- This is what customers are most interested in, so be sure to include your opening hours.
- Add your address and telephone number- This information needs to be as accurate as possible to ensure that your business is verified.
- Add photos and videos- The more photos and videos you have, the more likely people will be to click on your business.
- Add information about your service area- People need to know if you service a particular area, so be sure to add this information as well.
- Enter your website URL- Google also allows you to add your website URL. If you want customers to visit your website, be sure to include it in your GMB profile.
- Add customer testimonials- Screenshots of positive reviews also help to increase click-through rates.
- Optimize your business email- It’s important to add your business email so that you can receive notifications from Google.
What’s Included In Your Free Google My Business Account ?
If you’ve created a Google My Business account, you may be wondering what features and benefits you get with a free account. Below are some of the features that are included with a free Google My Business account.
- Access to analytics- You can view graphs and charts that show you how your business is performing. You’ll be able to see things like where your customers are coming from, what device they’re using, and what time of day they’re visiting your website.
- Management of your customer reviews- You can respond to customer reviews directly from your Google My Business account. You’ll also be able to edit or delete reviews if they’re incorrect or unhelpful.
- Access to your GMB insights- With your GMB insights, you’ll be able to track the progress of your business. You’ll be able to see how your business is performing and make changes if needed.
Other Benefits Of Setting Up A Google My Business Profile
- It can help you to generate more leads. Having a well-established Google My Business profile means that potential customers can find your business more easily. This can help you to generate leads and increase revenue.
- It can help you to retain your customers. When you have a high-quality Google My Business profile, you’re providing your current customers with a better experience. This means that they’re less likely to leave your business for a competitor.
- It can help you to grow your business. If you already run a business and haven’t created a Google My Business profile, it’s never too late to start. If you start now, you’ll be able to take advantage of all of the benefits listed above.
Your Google My Business profile is your online presence. It’s important to create an accurate profile so that people can find you online. By setting up a Google My Business account, you can be sure that your business will be found online, and that people will know that your business is legitimate. Whether you’re starting a new business or you want to improve the online presence of an existing one, setting up a Google My Business profile is the best way to go.