In the digital age, businesses can no longer afford to ignore digital advertising as a means of reaching their target audience. Today, if you want to stay ahead of the curve and remain competitive in your industry, you need to implement a comprehensive digital advertising strategy. In this blog post, we’ll be looking at how you can place ad on Google - one of the most effective and cost-effective ways of promoting your business and services. With this ultimate guide to placing an ad on Google, you’ll be equipped with everything you need to get started with your first campaign.
What Is Google AdWords ?
AdWords is Google’s advertising platform designed to help businesses promote their products and services through paid advertisement. Although most commonly associated with search engine marketing, AdWords can actually be implemented for display network advertising, shopping network advertising, and video network advertising.
The primary aim of AdWords is to connect businesses with potential customers who are searching for products and services online. This is achieved through the use of ‘ads’ (paid search results) that appear alongside relevant search engine results (e.g., Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.). The ‘ads’ are carefully crafted to appeal to the user and entice them to click through to your website. Once on your site, the user may be enticed to make a purchase, sign up to your mailing list, download a free eBook, or engage in another type of action that benefits your business.
How To Set Up Your First Google Ad
First off, let’s take a look at how you can set up your first Google Ad. In order to get started with your first ad, you’ll need to sign into your Google AdWords account. To do this, navigate to www.google.com/ads/ and click ‘Sign In’.
You’ll then be asked to sign in using either your Google username or your business email address. Once signed in, you’ll be taken to the Campaigns tab. This is where you’ll be able to create your first Ad and get it ready to be launched. To get started, click the ‘New Campaign’ button located in the top-right corner of the page.
You’ll then be asked to select your campaign type. There are a few ways to do this, depending on your business goals. You can choose to run an ‘Display Network Only’ campaign if you only want to promote your products and services through the Google Display Network.
Alternatively, you can also run a ‘Search Network with Display Network’ campaign to promote your content across both the Google Search Network and the GDN. Once you’ve selected your campaign type, you’ll then need to provide a name for your campaign.
Make sure you name your campaign something relevant and descriptive so you can easily identify it later on. You’ll then be asked to select your advertising goal. The most common goals for Google AdWords campaigns are traffic, conversions, and newEmail subscribers. You’ll then be guided through a series of questions to select your ad type, budget, and your daily spending limit. Finally, you’ll be asked to select the targeting settings for your campaign.
Why Should You Use Google AdWords ?
As discussed, there are many benefits to using Google AdWords for your advertising campaigns. If you’re still not convinced as to why you should be utilizing the platform, here are some of the top reasons to use AdWords.
- Reach Your Target Audience: There are few better ways to reach your target audience than through Google AdWords. By targeting your ads to demographically similar audiences, you can be sure that your ads will reach your target audience.
- Cost-Effective: One of the primary reasons businesses choose to implement a digital advertising campaign is to reduce their overhead costs and increase return on investment (ROI). Compared to other digital advertising platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, Google AdWords is relatively inexpensive to implement. For example, in order to run a single advertisement on Facebook, you must pay a fee of $1,000 or more. By comparison, a single advertisement on Google AdWords costs just $0.75 per click.
- Trackable Results: Another benefit of using Google AdWords is that you can track and measure the results of your campaign in real time. Using Google Analytics, you can track your ad’s performance, view the source of the traffic, and view the path visitors are taking through your website.
How Much Does It Cost To Run An Ad On Google ?
The cost of running an ad on Google depends on many different factors, such as your budget, the country you are targeting, and your bid. The more you are willing to pay per click, the higher your ad will appear on the Google search results page, and the more traffic you will generate.
As mentioned, there is a daily budget that you must adhere to, regardless of the number of clicks you receive. This means that, regardless of the number of clicks you receive within the day, you will not be charged any more. Your daily budget will be reset at the end of the day, and you’ll need to be mindful of this when creating your budget.
3 Steps To Setting Up Your First Google Ad
If you’ve been convinced by now that Google AdWords is a worthwhile investment, let’s take a look at the step-by-step process of setting up your first campaign. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to set up your first campaign.
- Define Your Target Audience: Before you can start creating your ad, you need to first define your target audience. Google allows you to choose the demographics, psychographics, and interests of the people you want your ad to appear for. Once you’ve selected your target audience, you can then proceed with the other steps needed to set up your first ad.
- Create Your Ad: Once you have selected your target audience, it’s time to create your ad. You’ll be guided by the AdWords Editor, which is a simple-to-use tool that makes it easy for you to create an ad. You can either create a new ad from scratch or edit an existing ad.
- Set Up Your Budget and Schedule: Next, you’ll need to set up your budget and scheduling options for your campaign. You can set a daily budget of between $1 and $10,000 per day. It’s recommended that you start with a daily budget of $100-$300 per day. However, you may want to start off with a low budget and increase it as you get more comfortable with the system. You can also select the start and end dates for your campaign, as well as the hours during which you want your ad to be shown.
2 Important Things To Remember When Running Ads On Google
- Target One Audience: It’s important to remember that you can’t run multiple ads to different segments of your audience. You need to be specific in your targeting. For example, if you’re marketing a health product, you can target people who search for health-related information. On the other hand, if you’re selling a product for pets, you can target people who search for health problems specific to pets.
- Different Types of Ads: There are a few different types of ads you can run on Google AdWords, such as brand ads, product listing ads, and service ads. Depending on your business goals, you can decide which type of ad is best suited for your campaign.
The Google AdWord campaign is an excellent investment for businesses looking to increase online visibility and generate new leads. As such, it’s essential that you choose to invest your time and energy wisely by following a proven strategy for success.
With this ultimate guide to placing an ad on Google, you’ll be equipped with everything you need to get started with your first campaign. By following the step-by-step process outlined above, you can be sure to set up a successful AdWords campaign and reach your target audience like never before.